I. You. Them. Us. Her. Him. They. She. We.
Wanting, watching, laughing, leaving, hiding, smelling, smiling, knowing, growling.
Beat is now. Beat is transforming. Beat is alive.
The beat goes on.
BEAT started from questioning what it means to be part of a generation that was brought up with the promise of endless possibilities. It developed into an ongoing research on how we identify ourselves, how we recognise (or not) ourselves in others and how we are able to project multiple images of ourselves. We now imagine BEAT as a celebration of the fatigue, pain and uncertainty of deciding day by day – moment by moment – who we are. One person. On the spot. Reinventing themselves over and over.
- Performed by: Margherita Elliot
- DJs: Martha, Anna Bolena
- Lighting Designer: Seth Rook Williams
- Set and Costume: KASPERSOPHIE
- Dramaturg: Simon Ellis
- Outside Ear: Alberto Ruiz Soler
- Production Manager: Fergus Waldron
- Producer: Sarah Maguire
- Movement Advisor: Olmo Hidalgo
- Directed by: Moreno Solinas, Igor Urzelai
- Co-produced with: Theatre de la Ville
- Funded by: National Lottery through Arts Council England
- Commissioned by: The Place, The Lowry and Cambridge Junction
- Supported by: the Spanish Embassy Office of Cultural and Scientific Affairs, Siobhan Davies Dance, Dance4, TIR Danza, Workshop Foundation, Dantzagunea, l’Animal a l’esquena, BAD Festival, S’ALA and The Point.
- Thanks to Angela Bollettinari, Alice Elliot, Martin Holbraad, I Matti (Gameshow), Animali Domestici, Francesca Pennini, Margherita d’Aloja and Marisa Lim.
- Inside: Margherita Elliot
- Outside: Igor Urzelai and Moreno Solinas
- Commissioned by The Lowry, The Place and Cambridge Junction. Co-produced by Theatre de la Ville (Paris). Supported using public funding by Arts Council England. Additional support from Dance4, Dansateliers (Rotterdam), Siobhan Davies Dance, The Point, Workshop Foundation (Budapest), Dantzagunea (San Sebastian), l’Animal a l’esquena (Celrà) and BAD Festival (Bilbao).