Igor x Moreno is the name under which the works created by choreographers Igor Urzelai and Moreno Solinas – in collaboration with an extended group of artists – are presented.
Igor x Moreno’s works stem from a fascination for people and what makes us such special animals. They use choreography and mostly non-verbal languages to create experiences which can surprise, energise and unsettle. Their works – highly constructed whilst deeply concerned with liveness – visit and escape different genres and styles.
Igor x Moreno’s creative processes favour questions over answers, action over narration, communication over expression, alterity over diversity, patience over productivity. They don’t see entertainment as their duty, but as a useful communication tool. They work with rigour and playfulness. They value pointlessness.
The team – based across Europe – gathers in Sardinia and London, from where Igor x Moreno’s works have toured extensively in Europe and also in North and South America, Africa and Asia. Awards and recognitions include the Rudolf Laban Award and National Dance Awards and Total Theatre Awards nominations; their works have been selected for Aerowaves (2011, 2013 and 2015), NID Platform, British Council Showcase and British Dance Edition.
Moreno Solinas and Igor Urzelai are affiliate artists of The Place (London). Their work is currently produced in Sardinia by S’ALA (www.s-ala.com).
List of works
- BEAT (2019)
- Limited Celestial Space (2019)
- Andante (2017)
- A Room For All Our Tomorrows (2015)
- Idiot-Syncrasy (2013)
- URANUS (2012)
- Life Is A Carnival (2012)
- SOS (working title)
- Canzoni (working title)
- Karrasekare (working title)
- Frau (working title)
- Andante Sul Mare (2019)
- The End Is Near (2012)
- TAME GAME (2011)
- CITY (2010)
- Pulsar (London, 2020)
- NOS (Mexico City, 2019)
- BEATS (Reggio Emilia, 2019)
- Blur (Coventry, 2017)
- Body Body Body Body Body Body Body (Amsterdam, 2017)
- La Maravillosa Enfermedad De Ser Humanos (Santiago de Chile, 2017)
- Wolves Will Be Watching (London, 2015)
- Projections (Birmingham, 2015)
- ARAGOSTA (Cagliari, 2014)
- Folies à Huit (London, 2014)
- Seize The Day (London, 2013)
- Under The Cobblestones Lies The Beach (London, 2013)
- Richard’s Got Talent (London, 2011)
- Back To Back (London, 2011)