Under The Cobblestones Lies The Beach
Under The Cobblestones Lies The Beach was created as part of the London Contemporary Dance School Originative Project course in February/March 2013.
Departing from the themes of apathy, commitment and the power of the group, Igor and Moreno worked with LCDS-The Place third year students for six weeks as their BA studies were coming to an end, to reflect on what we stand for and what we are ready to do for it.
Under The Cobblestones Lies The Beach was the result of this research/performance project and was presented at the Robin Howard Dance Theatre. Later on it was turned into a film by Gabriela Tropia, which won the second prize of the Passion for Freedom Awards.
- Concept & Direction: Igor Urzelai & Moreno Solinas
- Devised & Performed by: Daniel Baker, Poh Hian Chia, Timothy Clark, Fionn Cox-Davies, Ihsaan De Banya, Tomislav English, Lois Grinstead, Camila Gutierrez, Victoria Guy, Thomas Hands, Ellys Hebron, Elżbieta Kowalik, Louise Lloyd, James Morgan, Aigric Ni Chaoimh, Jemima Storey, Sophie Thorpe
- Lighting Design: Lucy Hansom
- Props & Costumes: Sara Rigden in collaboration with Igor and Moreno
- Commissioned by: London Contemporary Dance School (The Place)
- Thanks to: Raphaël Gouisset, Jamila Johnson-Small, Keren Kossow, Louise Jardine, Karen Greenhough, David Steele, Gabriela Tropia and to everyone who we don’t mention here and helped to make this happen.
- All texts, lyrics and sound created by the performers