Straightforward, ironic and bold CITY is a political pamphlet entwined with movement. Through the language of theatre and dance, CITY deals with social discrimination, prejudice, power, fear and faith in the bustling urban sprawl.
CITY was BLOOM!’s first work as a collective. Since its premiere in May 2010 CITY was awarded the Rudolf Laban Award for best Hungarian dance production in 2010, received an artistic residency at the Prix Jardin D’Europe 2010 and was selected for Aerowaves 2011.
It’s been long since I last saw dancers on stage with such freed, tittering wit’’
CSABA KRÁLL-dance critic
- Created & Performed by: Dányi Viktória, Molnár Csaba, Sebestyén Tímea, Moreno Solinas, Igor Urzelai & Alberto Ruiz Soler.
- Costume Design: David Harris
- Lighting Design: Dézsi Kata
- Production & Tour Management: Rácz Anikó
- Supported by:
Culture Programme of the European Union, Jardin d’Europe, Workshop Foundation, National Cultural Fund of Hungary, Florian Workshop – Moving House Foundation, Association of Independent Theatres, New Performing Arts Foundation, SÍN Culture Center
- Thanks to: the musicians of Aurtzaka Dantza, Pablo Barrio, Carlo e Luciana, Lina Lapelyte, Jacob Hobbs, Anna Paola Della Chiesa, Tonito Solinas, Maria Luisa Perazzona, Alessandro e Caterina Pinna, dialeLa (www.dialela.com), Éva Magyarosi, Talló Gergely, Téri Gáspár, Nagy Csilla & Nej Zsóka.